This wiki was forked from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid FANDOM. It is currently under renovation. You can help by rewriting and cleaning up a page!
The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book
|The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book|
|Release date||May 1, 2011|
|Preceded by||Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book|
The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book is the expanded edition of Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book, released on May 10, 2011, nearly 3 years after the original.
Pages marked with * are unique to this version of the book.
- "What're you gonna do with this thing?": An introduction advising the reader to save the book for later to show people what they were like as a kid.
- "Your Desert Island Picks": The reader is instructed to choose three video games, songs, books, and movies that they would want if they were stranded on an island for the rest of their life.
- "Have You Ever...": The reader is asked yes/no questions about whether they have done certain activities, such as pee in a swimming pool or get bitten by an animal.
- "Personality Test": The reader is asked their favorite animal, color, and movie, and the title of the last book they read, and to list four adjectives that describe each subject. If the book is flipped upside down, it reveals what each adjectives mean: favorite color is "how other people think of you," favorite animal is "how you think of yourself," favorite movie is "what you'll be like in thirty years," and book title is "what you think of school."
- "Unfinished Comics": Two Zoo-Wee Mama! Ugly Eugene, Li'l Cutie comic strips, one with no dialogue that the reader can write themselves.
- "Make Your Own Comics": Two pages of blank comic boxes that the reader can draw and write in.
- "What's in Your Brain?": The reader is given an example of Greg's brain and a blank drawing for them to write in.
- "Predict the Future": Questions that the reader can answer about what the future will be like. The reader is then given yes/no predictions, and asked to write five of their own.
- "Predict Your Future": The reader is asked what they will be like when they are 30 years old, with true/false questions and sentences such as "I will live ____ miles from my current home." The player is then asked to roll a dice and go through a list deciding their house, job, vehicle, and others in the future.
- "Design Your Dream House": The reader is shown Greg's future house and then asked to draw their own.
- "Friend Hall of Fame": Various frames and awards are given for the reader to write peoples' names on and draw pictures.
- "A Few Questions from Greg": Greg asks the reader questions, such as how much they would pay for an extra hour of sleep in the morning.
- "Which Would You Rather Do?" The reader is asked "would you rather" questions.
- "Good Advice for Next Year's Class": The reader is shown three pieces of advice from Greg and then asked to write four of their own.
- "Draw Your Family the Way Greg Heffley Would": Greg's family members are shown on the bottoms of the pages. The rest is blank space for the reader to draw.
- "Draw Up Your Family Tree": The reader is asked to draw their family tree next to Greg's.
- "Your Favorites"/"Your Least Favorites": The reader is asked their favorite and least favorite of certain type of objects, such as video games and soda.
- "Record Your Finest Moments": The reader is instructed to draw their best dream, best photo, best meal, and others in picture frames.
- "Things You Should Do Before You Get Old": A checklist of items that the reader should do, such as use a porta-potty or get in a food fight.
- "Make Your Own Time Capsule": The reader is asked to list eight items they would include in a time capsule.
- "The Best Joke You Ever Heard": A Creighton the Comedian comic is shown at the bottom, while the rest of the page is for the reader to write on.
- "Five Things Nobody Knows About You Because They Never Bothered to Ask": The illustration on the bottom of the page depicts Greg saying he can put his foot in his mouth, while a girl responds, "You're gross!" There is a numbered list for the reader to write in.
- "The Worst Nightmare You Ever Had": The illustration depicts Greg parachuting into a tarantula farm while the rest of the page is blank.
- "Rules for Your Family": The reader is shown four of Greg's rules and asked to write four of their own.
- "The Scoop on Your Classmates": The reader is told to list "the person who'd have the best chance of surviving in the wild" and "the person you'd want to do your homework for you," among others.
- "Your Life, By The Numbers": The reader is asked to list the farthest distance they have walked, the longest they have gone without watching TV, and other statistics.
- "Come Up With Your Own Catchphrase": The reader is shown a hat and a shirt and told to write a catchphrase on them.
- "In Case You Get Amnesia...": The reader is instructed to list four important facts about themselves in case they lose their memory.
- "The First Four Laws You'll Pass When You Get Elected President": The reader is given a four-point list, while Greg says, "I hereby decree that no middle school student shalt have to take a shower after Phys Ed."
- "The Baddest Thing You Ever Did as a Little Kid": The illustration depicts Manny having cut Rodrick's hair while he is asleep.
To promote the book, a contest was held on wimpykid.com in which people could submit their own comics. Over 3000 entries were received, and the winner was Chudney Patterson from New Jersey, who had their comic put up on the website.
Chudeny's comic, along with 20 runner-ups, were featured on the "DIY Winners" page.
Names in other languages
Gureggu kōnin kimidake no dame nikki-chō
|Greg's Official Useless Diary: Only For You|
|French||À écrire toi-même||To Write Yourself|
|Dutch||Jouw leven als Loser||Your Life as a Loser|
|German||Mach's wie Greg! (The series' title also has "und mein" added, translating to "Greg's Diary and Mine")||Do it like Greg!|
|Polish||Zrób to sam!||Do It Yourself!|