You are not signed in. Please log in or create an account and join the community!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki:Community portal
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Welcome to Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki! The community portal is where this wiki community comes together to organize and discuss projects for the wiki. To see the most recent discussions, click the "Discussion" tab above.
The following is a list of useful resources any user can refer to at any time.
- A list of help items can be found in the help category.
- Alternatively, ask an active user here or on the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki's Discord server for real-time assistance.
- Users that need help editing should see the editing help page's contents.
- Read Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki's policies and guidelines so that articles can be consistent and of high quality.
- Also be sure to see here for a collection of useful templates.
- To discuss a topic specific to an article, use its respective talk page. Remember to adhere to the talk page policy while doing so.
The following Wikipedia pages can provide additional help to those that need it:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- Help pages
- How to edit a page
- How to write a quality article
- Manual of Style
Any user can help with the following tasks and more.
- Read articles and contribute with improvement such as rewording a sentence, performing a tagged task, suggesting an idea on their talk page, and more.
- Crop or resize images as necessary to reduce the dimensional or storage size they occupy.
- Locate and mark pages that need expanding, and help expand some existing article stubs and section stubs.
- Create links to orphaned pages.
- Upload missing files and incorporate unused ones.
- Create, or fix links to, any wanted articles, categories, files, and templates.
- Categorize any uncategorized articles, categories, files, and templates.
- Fix double redirects by redirecting the first page to the third page.
- Check for broken redirects and either mark them for deletion or find a more appropriate target.
- Consider splitting very long pages into different pages or subpages.
- Create some links on dead end pages.
- Periodically check the recent changes page to monitor for vandalism, and report any to an active staff member.
- Welcome new users.
Be sure to see the full list of special pages here.
- Users can experiment freely in our community sandbox as long as they clean up after themselves.
- Users that wish to see what they have done so far can visit their contributions page.
- See technical information about Diary of a Wimpy Kid Wiki's statistics and version.