|Nov 29, 2022|
The wiki is lacking in content. You can help by creating a new article. See the maintenance category for more ways to help.
Broken links and images will be frequent in our articles, as we're moving many things around in an effort to clean up and better organize the wiki's contents. We apologize in advance!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Diper Överlöde is officially out!
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book
|Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book|
|Release date||October 1st, 2008|
For the revised and expanded edition of the book, see The Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book.
This book is divided into two sections: an activity section and a "What's Your Story?" section, allowing the reader to write their own journal at the end of the book. The hardcover version of the book features 16 pages of full-color comics in the middle of the book, between the two sections (32 in the updated version). It was published by Abram Books through their imprint, Amulet Books.
The first half of the book is filled up with activities. The activities include quizzes, personality questions, mazes, and drawing. It features several comic strips like Gregory's "Creighton the Cretin." "Lil' Cutie is also featured. Many characters are mentioned in the book, mainly Greg Heffley, Rowley Jefferson, and Fregley. In the back of the book, there are blank pages with random characters in the corners, intended for you to write your own content. You can write a novel, draw, or do many other things. There are some things that have not been seen in other books such as The Fart Police, (a comic made by Greg), and lyrics of Explöded Diper and Zoo-Wee Mama! Comics. There are two pages that are activities by Rodrick. Activities by Rowley Jefferson and Fregley also appear in the full version.
- Your DESERT ISLAND Picks
- Have you EVER...
- PERSONALITY TEST
- Predict the FUTURE
- Predict YOUR future
- Design your DREAM HOUSE
- A few questions from GREG
- Good advice for next year's class
- Draw your FAMILY the way Gregory would
- Your FAVORITES
- Your LEAST favorites
- Things you should do before you get old
- Five things NOBODY KNOWS about you
- The WORST NIGHTMARE you ever had
- Rules for your FAMILY
- Your life, by the numbers
- The FIRST FOUR LAWS you'll pass when you get elected president
- The BADDEST THING you ever did as a little kid
- Practice your SIGNATURE
- List your INJURIES
- A few questions from ROWLEY
- The BIGGEST MISTAKES you've made so far
- Rodrick's ACTIVITY PAGES
- How well do you know your FRIEND?
- If you had a TIME MACHINE...
- Totally awesome PRACTICAL JOKES
- Your DRESSING ROOM requirements
- Your best ideas for INVENTIONS
- Make a map of your NEIGHBORHOOD
- Make your own GREETING CARDS
- The BEST VACATION you ever went on
- Make a LODED DIPER CONCERT POSTER
- If you had SUPERPOWERS...
- Draw your FRIENDS the way Greg Heffley would
- A few questions from FREGLEY
- Color Comics - Zoo Wee Mama, Trevor The Talking Sideburn, Gareth The Green Bean, Creighton the Comedian, Girls Rule!, Jerome The Man With Incredibly Red Lips, The Amazing Fart Police, Ugly Eugene, Action Fighterz
- Create your own COVER
- What's YOUR story?
- There is a version where the cover is red instead of orange, but other than the color, the book is exactly the same. It is the paperback version of the original Do-It-Yourself Book.
- There is an extended version where the cover has a paper bag design with a hole in the center. In the hole, Greg is seen writing in his diary. The hole is surrounded by characters that he has drawn. This version has 32 more pages than the original. There is a sticker saying, "Now with even more!"
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid Do-It-Yourself Book is the only book where Greg is smiling on the cover.
- Rodrick's maze actually cannot be completed, the way to do it is to just go around the maze.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Diaro de Wimpy Kid: Montatelo tu Mismo||Diary Of A Wimpy Kid: Make It Yourself|
|French||Journal D'Un Degonfle A ecrire toi meme||Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Write to yourself|
|Portuguese||Diaro Um Banana Faca Voce Mesmo||Diary Of a Banana Do It Yourself|