The wiki is lacking in content. You can help by creating a new article. See the maintenance category for more ways to help.
Hardscrabble Farms is the place Greg and his school go to for a week long field trip in the 10th book "Old School". It is the main location of the 10th book. The camp is known to make kids miserable, and even traumatize some, like what happened to Rodrick when he went. A main cause may be the rumored Silas Scratch who supposedly lives near the farm in the woods after supposedly being kicked off his land he had while working at the farm. Silas Scratch turned out to have been a hoax, created by Greg's dad, Frank, to keep people away from a maintenance shack, which contained nicer things then much of the rest of the farm, which he found in the woods while gathering firewood at the place when he was a kid.
People who went on the schools trip/work there
Went on the trip:
- Frank Heffley (Greg's dad)
- Mr. Jefferson (a.k.a Robert Jefferson) (Rowley's dad)
- Mrs. Graziano
- Rowley Jefferson
- Albert Sandy
- Mr. Nuzzi
- Graham Bertran
- Gareth Grimes
- Emilio Mendoza
- Duane Higgins
- Timothy Ames
- Jeffrey Swanson
- Rodrick Heffley (Went to the place when he was in Greg's grade)
- Melinda Henson
- Julian Trimble
- Mike Barrows
- Jordan Lankey
- Mike Barrows
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Old School (First and only appearance)
- Greg's grade he was in, in the 10th book, at his school, has been going on an annual trip to the place for at least 19 years, since Mrs. Graziano says she has been to Hardscrabble Farms for 19 years. The annual trip for the grade may have started longer ago, since Frank (Greg's dad), and another chaperone (who is unnamed) had both been there as kids, when they were in Greg's grade.
- The supply list for this place includes bug spray, hiking boots, raincoat, canteen, day pack, jeans, plastic bag, sunscreen, toiletries, and wool socks, while junk food and electronics are strictly prohibited.
- The food at Hardscrabble Farms is atrocious and from each meal, and all the leftover food is scraped into a pot which creates a stew that is served as part of the meal the next day. That method has been used at Hardscrabble Farms for over thirty years.
- From Greg‘s words, the meal eaten for Lunch is Hot Dogs, Baked Beans and Stuffed Peppers. Which are sausage stuffed bread, Beans in ketchup and bell pepper with salt respectively.
- The meal they ate for dinner was Chicken Patties, Corn on the Cob, and Stew, Which are basically Burger Buns with Chicken, Sheaf of Corn on a Stick and a vegetable side dish respectively. Every leftover items are scraped into a huge pot which are mixed and cooked into stew
- The meal they ate for breakfast was pancakes, which were as hard as rocks, and could break your teeth if you bit into them. Emilio Mendoza sneaked a pancake in his pocket to show his mom how bad the food situation was.
- Hardscrabble Farms is actually the name of a Wholestale plant nursery in 45 Hardscrabble Rd, North Salem, NY 10560, USA.
The cover of the book, The Essential Book For Young Lads.
Silas Scratch, himself, a hoax that is supposedly a guy who worked at Hardscrabble Farms until he got kicked out of the land and supposedly crawls around the place and that it is scary (for some) that he might be anywhere around Hardscrabble Farms.
Greg and his cabin mates struggling to do the obstacle course made of ropes tied to each other.
The Nurse couldn't pull Gareth's tooth out of Rowley's head.